D&D is something I am very passionate about I've read the core books cover to cover dozens of times for fun, I love every aspect of it, from DMing to character creation, I just want to be able to contribute to this awesome community in any way I can. Things I will be posting about are a series of newbie guides to help new players get into this incredible game, some original content based off of games I have been in and run, another series in learning to run games, theories on how I think certain things should be run, house rules, and anything else I can think of.

So I hope you enjoy feel free to comment or message me with any suggestions or questions, Thanks.

Also currently I am still designing please don't judge too harshly, and if you are and artist, who would to get your D&D art up somewhere, contact me

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Good Parties Gone Bad #2

The Stockborough Killings

Sitting in the prison of Wildmure on some trumped-up charges, the four men of my party and I were approached by the mayor. He had a smug look on his face, the kind you just want to slap off.
"We had nothing to do with those thefts!" pleaded Zhet, our paladin. "I have no idea how those rubies got in my bag! We are good people! We're trying to save the world, for Pelor's sake."
"Oh, that is because I put them in there," the mayor said matter of factly.
"Why would you do that?" whined Zhet
"I have a job that needs to be done, and from what I hear you lot can do that for me."
"Why should we help you?" snapped Swayne, our mage.
"Well, I can make this little theft charge go away if you agree to help me. If you don't, I can make sure that you stay in here for the rest of your lives"
"Ok," I said. "What do you need done?"
The mayor explained to us that a caravan would be leaving the town of Stockborough. In the caravan was a merchant. The merchant was transporting some rare goods in a package, and we were to retrieve it. So we were released and started towards Stockborough.

When we found the caravan we saw it was well guarded with near thirty men. In the center of them was a carriage where the package would be. We began to make a plan on how best to get the package. I, being an accomplished rogue, wanted to sneak in and steal it. Zhet, our Paladin, wanted to simply pool our money together and buy it. While we were discussing it, Thrien our Necromancer decided to attack the guards with a spell, in what he called a "surprise attack." The rest of the guards charged at us and a battle started. I snuck around and attacked people from behind while the paladin was chopping through foes like butter, and Swain set a fire ball at the carriage driver / archer, setting the caravan on fire.

After we were the last ones standing, we went to the carriage and tried to open it, but it was locked from the inside. We could hear voices inside; it sounded like a small family.
"All we want is the package," called Zhet.
The door opened, and a man holding a dagger and a package started to jump out. Zhet, with quick reflexes, knocked him back into the carriage, making him drop the two items. I locked the door to make sure he wouldn't try to attack us again. We heard screams of protest from inside. Thrien picked up the package, while Bash, our ranger check out the bodies of the guards.
"So these don't look like real guards" said Bash. The rest of us came over to inspect ignoring the yelling from the carriage.
"They must of just been some towns folk hired to go with this carriage" I said
"Oh Pelor, what have we done we murdered innocent people" said Zhet.
"Um, guys?" interjected Bash
"Why did you just attack them!" Zhet yelled at Thrien.
"guys" Bash said trying to get our attention.
"I though the element of surprise would be best" Thrien snapped back.
"GUYS!" Bash yelled
"WHAT?" Zhet demanded
"I thought you would want to know that the carriage is on fire" Bash pointed to the carriage, it was now engulfed in flames.

Knowing that if we went back to jail we wouldn't be able to save the world from the Demon Lord, we killed some drifters, gave them some basic gear and scattered their bodies throughout the scene.

We opened the package and found that these "rare goods" the mayor wanted so badly, were just some drugs he probably addicted to. To make sure he never did something like this to another party we poisoned half of it and sold the other half. When we gave the drugs to the mayor he told us we had 1 day to get out of town and to never come back. The next morning on our way out of town we heard he "overdosed" on something. We smiled as we walked down the road to finish out quest.

..................................................................................................................

This was a dramatization of a story I read by QuizzicalOstrich. About the horrible deeds his party committed. I love hearing these stories and if you would like me to share yours, send me a message at my reddit.

-Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment