D&D is something I am very passionate about I've read the core books cover to cover dozens of times for fun, I love every aspect of it, from DMing to character creation, I just want to be able to contribute to this awesome community in any way I can. Things I will be posting about are a series of newbie guides to help new players get into this incredible game, some original content based off of games I have been in and run, another series in learning to run games, theories on how I think certain things should be run, house rules, and anything else I can think of.

So I hope you enjoy feel free to comment or message me with any suggestions or questions, Thanks.

Also currently I am still designing please don't judge too harshly, and if you are and artist, who would to get your D&D art up somewhere, contact me

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

It's a Small Small World After All.

Every now and then I get an idea for a campaign and just like to write it down, so I thought I'd put one here to see what you think. (In this universe, the spell Plane Shift does not exist)

First Session


Your party is exploring a dungeon, looking for a powerful magic item that is said to be in the deepest layer. When you get to the room, you can feel the magic power radiating from a chest in the center of the room.

You walk up to the chest and open it, and a powerful blast sends you flying and falling, falling, falling, till you hit warm and moist dirt.

Dazed, you try to look around, sunlight blinding you. You are now outside in a massive forest. You start to stand up, and can see your party staring at something. It is a
Massive
9 foot
Hideous
Rat?
Your party prepares for battle...

This is a giant world where everything but the party of adventurers (and some small pockets of humanoids that have been dumped in this world) is 3 size categories bigger. Most humanoids (the giant ones) are simple, can't use magic, and live in small villages. The party can either quest to find a way home or try to find a new home in this terrifying land.

This world can lead to a lot of interesting situations;
think of hiding in a cave to get out of the weather (since in a world were everything is huge even rain can be deadly) and discovering that it is a snake's den.
Capturing and taming a cat to be your mount.
Shadow of the Colossus-like fighting where you have to climb your opponent to kill them.
Watching a wizard cast fire ball and it having the effect of a fire cracker.

Well that's it. So far, at least. It needs some more work, but this is a good starter concept. I love reading new and interesting ideas for worlds, cities, or campaigns. For example, I was just reading a great concept the other day about building a city around a Tarrasque: here is the link if you want to check that out. If you have a great concept send it to me I'd love to hear it.

-Thanks for reading

1 comment: